Pur Cosmetics "Bare It All" Foundation Review for POC

Pur Cosmetics has recently introduced a foundation their "Bare It All" Foundation.

The "Bare It All" Foundation is a 12 hour wearing, 4-in-1 foundation that Conceals, Perfects, Performs and Energizes the skin.
The Foundation is vegan friendly, gluten free, and paraben free. It claims to hydrate and nourish the skin while helping the skin's metabolic renewal process.

All of the benefits sound great! However, it's not available in my shade.

I actually swatched all 10 shades of the "Bare It All" Foundation from Pur Cosmetics (which were given to me as a PR package) and the last two shades "Deep" and "Deeper" looked very promising for my skin tone (as shown below).
After applying the shade "Deeper" to my face, I quickly realized that swatches and PUR Cosmetics website photos on the colors can be very deceiving.

I've embedded the First Impression video I've done for the "Bare It All" Foundation and you can see for yourself that there is clearly a difference in the shade swatches and what it actually looks like on my brown skin. I think the undertones were totally wrong. I looked almost grey!

As a avid makeup wearer and enthusiast, I know that there is a chance that foundations may not be an exact match and I've grown accustomed to mixing them or applying a heavier contour to help make a lighter foundation work but, this greyish undertone shade could not be salvaged. I looked almost ghostly, even after trying a different primer under the foundation.

My final thoughts are:
This foundation feels awesome on the skin.
It's full coverage.
It smells fresh.
It applies great with the PUR Skin Perfecting Foundation Brush $28.
Pur needs to incorporate true deep shades with the correct undertones, POC would love to enjoy the benefits of this foundation too.

These swatches were taken under a ring light with LED bulbs.





Comments