Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How to Clean your Makeup



Hello Everyone! I was asked by a subscriber to my youtube channel, to show how I depot my lipsticks. I made a video over the weekend about cleaning your makeup and the expiration date on makeup but, I didn't go into depth about the lipsticks after cleaning them.

1.)The first thing I did was sanitize the lippies by exposing the entire lipstick, immersing it in 70% volume alcohol or greater for 30 seconds.
2.) I wiped off an entire layer of the lipstick with a clean paper towel.
3.)I used a cosmetic spatula to cut the lipstick from the packaging and to scoop the remainder of the lipstick out and into the container.

I was absolutely amazed at how much product was in the tube after cutting the exposed lipstick!

I found these cute little containers at Jo Ann's Fabrics called "Craft Lockables", they were perfect for my kit and created so much room! I have them organized by color and it is so much easier to find the shade I need now. So glad I did this for myself...You can too:o)

Check out how I clean the rest of my Makeup on this Youtube video!






Post a Comment

Is a Neutral look possible with the NEW Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette?

The Naked Heat Palette by Urban Decay Cosmetics is the new "it" palette for YouTube and this will be my second eye shadow look usi...